Learn more about Tacugama on YouTube!

We’re really excited to be able to present you with a short documentary film about Tacugama.  We hope that this will give you a better insight to the sanctuary, our day to day work, challenges and aspirations, especially if you have never had the opportunity to visit us in Sierra Leone.

Please share this link with all your family, friends and colleagues and help us to spread the word, thank you!

[kml_flashembed movie="http://www.youtube.com/v/r4ncZweRhh0" width="425" height="350" wmode="transparent" /]

We’re very grateful to Paul Glynn, who filmed and produced this documentary as a gift for Tacugama after visiting us in December 2008.  Paul was also instrumental in the production of Lost Freetown, directed by Nazia Parvez, a documentary showing the environmental threats to Sierra Leone’s capital city.

We look forward to receiving your feedback.

(PS The chimp shown arriving at Tacugama is Jessica)

Bookmark and Share

18 comments on “Learn more about Tacugama on YouTube!

1. Wanda - Atlanta on said:

Awesome — absolutely awesome –
    I will pass to all I know — thank you Bala!

2. Wanda - Atlanta on said:

Awesome — absolutely awesome –
    I will pass to all I know — thank you Bala!

3. sheryl bottner on said:

Great video, everyone! Tweeted and Facebooked!

s.

4. sheryl bottner on said:

Great video, everyone! Tweeted and Facebooked!

s.

5. Theresa on said:

I saw this video a few days ago and immediately posted it to my Facebook page. It’s a wonderful video and I hope it gathers more support for the sanctuary. You guys rock!

6. Theresa on said:

7. paula on said:

I have goose bumps listing to Bala – what a hero! Thank you so much for this – retweeting and FB’ing…FANTASTIC

8. paula on said:

9. Kathy G on said:

I check youtube regularly for new videos fro Tacugama, so I had watched this video twicw before and I watched it again! Bless you all for youe work with the precious animals that deserve to be protected!

10. Kathy G on said:

11. Dipesh on said:

Great to watch this and see Tacugama growing from strength especially after having had the privilege to visit and spend time with you all a few years back. Hope to catch up one day Bala…

12. Dipesh on said:

13. Ria Bos from The Netherlands on said:

A great film. thank you. I’ve put it on Facebook, Twitter and Hyves. Bala and your great team keep on the good work.

14. Ria Bos from The Netherlands on said:

15. Thank you. Thank you for your extraordinary work. Thank you for helping those in need. Thank you for providing a safe haven. Thank you, thank you, thank you

16. Thank you. Thank you for your extraordinary work. Thank you for helping those in need. Thank you for providing a safe haven. Thank you, thank you, thank you

17. Hey guys

Very informative & vwhat a beautiful spot! Hope to visit sometime!

18. Hey guys

Very informative & vwhat a beautiful spot! Hope to visit sometime!