Disney Conservation Hero Award Announced for Tacugama

We’re very proud to be able to announce that our supervisor, Willie Tucker, has been recognised as a Disney Conservation Hero for 2009.  The reward recognises Willie’s commitment to the conservation of chimpanzees through his dedicated work at Tacugama Chimpanzee Sanctuary.  Willie has worked here since the founding of the sanctuary and contributed in so many ways to its development and achievements.

To read PASA’s full press release on Willie’s award then please follow this link.

pasa-willie.jpg.

From all of the team at Tacugama – congratulations Willie, your award is well deserved!

Bookmark and Share

14 comments on “Disney Conservation Hero Award Announced for Tacugama

  1. Sherri S. on said:

    Congratulations, Willie! Thank you so much for all you do.

  2. Sherri S. on said:

    Congratulations, Willie! Thank you so much for all you do.

  3. Susana Pataro on said:

    All the best for Willie. Congratulations for his wonderful job in Tacugama.

    Kind regards
    Susana Pataro (Argentina)

  4. Susana Pataro on said:

    All the best for Willie. Congratulations for his wonderful job in Tacugama.

    Kind regards
    Susana Pataro (Argentina)

  5. Dana on said:

    Willie – Congrats, you certainly deserve this most prestigious award. Hope some photos of the ceremony will be posted.

  6. Dana on said:

    Willie – Congrats, you certainly deserve this most prestigious award. Hope some photos of the ceremony will be posted.

  7. Theresa on said:

    Congratulations, Willie! A well deserved award. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your dedication to these chimps even in the worst of times. You have a place reserved for you in heaven with the other angels. Big hug from the US!

  8. Theresa on said:

    Congratulations, Willie! A well deserved award. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your dedication to these chimps even in the worst of times. You have a place reserved for you in heaven with the other angels. Big hug from the US!

  9. Andrew (Dr Sorn) on said:

    Mr Willie – Sometimes when reading about awards one wonders how they were given. With this one I know how much it has been earned and that it has gone to a very deserving recipient. The heartiest of congratulations

  10. Andrew (Dr Sorn) on said:

    Mr Willie – Sometimes when reading about awards one wonders how they were given. With this one I know how much it has been earned and that it has gone to a very deserving recipient. The heartiest of congratulations

  11. Pingback: Tacugama » Sad days at Tacugama

  12. Pingback: Tacugama » Sad days at Tacugama

  13. Pingback: An Introduction to Willie and Moses: Part I | Tacugama

  14. Pingback: An Introduction to Willie and Moses: Part I | Tacugama

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

ERROR: si-captcha.php plugin says GD image support not detected in PHP!

Contact your web host and ask them why GD image support is not enabled for PHP.

ERROR: si-captcha.php plugin says imagepng function not detected in PHP!

Contact your web host and ask them why imagepng function is not enabled for PHP.

HTML tags are not allowed.